Worldwide, the vast majority of containers and trucks are loaded manually; in countries with higher labor costs, forklift trucks are widely used. Again, the average length of time that it will take to fill the container and enclosed trailer will be about 40 minutes using current methods.
The key advantage of the C-Loader (Warehouse) is that the "pre-stage step" and the loading step can be combined. Product is brought from the warehouse and positioned on the C-Loader loading platform, which is accessible from both sides. Once the operator determines that the load weight is satisfactory and that the load is balanced, the fully automatic load cycle can be engaged. Less than 4 minutes later, re-loading of the load platform can begin.
Because of the C-Loader's design, no forklift truck ever needs to enter the container. This single factor eliminates the many hazards of loading containers with forklifts such as:
- Forklift driver's exposure to carbon monoxide as they drive into and out of the container
- Wear and tear on the operator and the forklift from the constant repetitive jarring as the forklift crosses from the dock plate onto the floor of the container
- Floor collapse with driver and forklift trapped inside
- Landing gear collapse with driver and forklift trapped inside
- 97,000 forklift accidents per year (according to OSHA). These are the most serious of all forklift/container accidents in which the truck driver leaves with the forklift and driver still inside
C-Loader Warehouse Features:
- Transfer an entire load into enclosed trailers or containers in under 4 minutes.
- Increase output by approximately 60% while decreasing operating costs.
- Load up to 50 enclosed trailers or containers per 8 hour shift using 2 forklifts.
- Use of multiple forklifts outside the enclosed trailer or container to pre-stage the load on the transfer platform.
- Cube out loads with ease.
- Use the built-in scale weight and balance system to measure total load and balance before load transfer.
- Generate a scale weight ticket specific to the individual load.
- Minimize damage to freight during both the loading and the unloading cycle.
Please ask us about our unloading capability.
C-Loader Warehouse Specifications
- Length: 68 ft ( for a C53 model )
- Width: 9’ 6“
- Weight: 90,000 lbs
- Power Requirements: 480 volts, 3 phase, 200 amp
- E-Stop button to shut down the machine in process
- Auto Level on and off switch to control the auto level fuctions
- Auto Foward and Reverse switch to start the automation fuction
- Jog Foward and Reverse switch to move the load with fine adjustments foward and reverse
- Indication LED lights to display info for the operator
- Individual leg control switches, as well as all legs up and down switch
- Neck and waste strap for securing the belly pack to the operator